lead Qualification Criteria
I was thinking about all the lead qualification criteria we’ve seen used in B2B lead generation programs and started listing them by category.
Here’s what I came up with so far:
- Firmographics (Industry, company size, location)
- Demographics (Contact’s title, job function)
- Contactability (Phone number, email address)
- Action taken (Attended webinar, downloaded whitepaper, requested pricing, spent time on particular Web pages)
- Need for your product or service
- Fit (Your products or services meet or exceed their technical, performance, reliability requirements)
- Competition (What other competitors are involved, and can you win against them? )
- Contact’s role in the purchase decision process (Recommender, influencer, decision-maker)
- Timing (Purchase decision timing, implementation timing)
- Availability of funding for the purchase (Has budget, can get budget)
- Size of the opportunity (Quantity needed, revenue potential)
What criteria do you use to determine that leads are qualified as being ready for sales follow-up?
How do those criteria fall into the categories above? Are there additional categories of criteria I should add to the list? I look forward to hearing your thoughts.